Saturday, February 14, 2009

Her 'Broadway Star'

I was at a bookstore the other day browsing through the fiction and saw Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts. The dedication made me smile:
To Dennis, my "Broadway Star,"
who trusted the wonder of love

All I could think was awww, what a sweet tribute to her husband. Dennis Letts passed away one year ago this month. I can still picture him sitting at that desk in the opening scene of August: Osage County.

The last novel of Billie Letts' that I read was Where the Heart Is, and I really enjoyed it. I'm long overdue for a second. I think I'll put this one on my to-read list when the paperback comes out in May.

2 comments:

Sarah B. Roberts said...

Billie is lovely. We had fun chatting with her on opening night. She was one proud mom, that's for sure.

Esther said...

Oh wow, that's great that you got to meet her! I just thought it was so sweet that of all the ways she could have written the dedication, she chose "my Broadway Star."